Job Application, Work permit and Emergency number
Some website for finding the most suitable job for expats:
They offer an array of vocations with job descriptions: requirements, duties, responsibilities, skills required to perform a specific role, and expected salary. The expats could have look at JD before applying for a job and submit their application form via such websites.
The conditions to apply for a work permit:
- Over 18 years old and have adequate health condition to match the demand of the job.
- High degree of specialized knowledge, qualification and technology; experienced in management, business and other professions that the domestic labors cannot currently conduct efficiently.
- If foreigners want to work in special jobs in education or health, they are required to meet all requirements of conducting health and education work of the Vietnamese authorities.
- Have no criminal record in their living country, Vietnam or other countries; being not under any warrant of arrest or jailing by the Vietnamese or foreign policemen.
- Working in Vietnam for under 3 months
- Capital-contributing members or owners of limited liability companies.
- Members of the Board of Directors of joint-stock companies.
- Chiefs of representative offices and directors of projects of international organizations or non-governmental organizations in Vietnam.
- Foreign lawyers possessing a professional practice license in Vietnam in accordance with the Law on Lawyers
- Other cases as stipulated by the Government.
Application for work permit:
- A filled form of applying for the work permit
- Work application or confirmation of work change (by the employers).
- The judicial profile issued by the authority of the resident country or the municipal office of Justice in Vietnam (if have lived in Vietnam for more than 6 months)
- The written certification that the worker is a manager, chief executive officer, expert or technician.
- Health certificate issued in residential country or in Vietnam
- Certified copy of passport or a substitute for passport or other license for international travel which is unexpired in accordance with the law
- 2 color photos (4x6cm) that has been taken within 6 months.
- Documents related to the foreign workers.
Fee for a work permit application in Vietnam varies with three major levels:
- For new applicants: VND400, 000/permit (USD 20).
- For re-issued work permits: VND 300,000/permit (USD15).
- For renewal work permits: VND 200,000/permit (USD 10).
Expats working in Vietnam without work permits (except where they are exempted by the Ministry of Labor, War Invalids, & Social Welfare) will be expelled from the country.
Direction Assistance: 16